Seminole County Public Schools
Seminole County Public Schools (SCPS) is renowned as a Premier National School District. SCPS is the 12th largest school district in Florida and is 60th nationally. It boasts 37 traditional Elementary Schools, 12 Middle Schools, and 9 High Schools. Student enrollment for 2019-2020 is more than 68,000. The average experience level of a SCPS teacher is 12.49 years with 46.35% of SCPS teachers having advance degrees and 98% designated as “Highly Qualified.”
Magnet & Choice Schools:
Magnet and Choice schools offer themed learning environments such as math, science, technology, communication or the arts. SCPS operates:
- Six (6) Elementary School Magnets
- Four (4) Middle School Magnets
- Five (5) High School Magnets
SCPS Points of Pride:
- SCPS was an “A”-rated district for the 2018-2019 school year by FDOE.
- SCPS Grad Rate for 2018-2019 was 92.8%. That’s 5.9% above the State Average.
- SCPS 2019 Graduating Seniors earned more than $58 million in scholarships and earned more than 3,800 industry certifications.
- 15,265 AP Exams were given during the 2018-2019 school year with a 63% pass rate.
- SCPS is ranked #1 in the state in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math).
- SCPS is one of the top districts in the state in Calculus & Physics Enrollment.
- SCPS named 4th best school district in Florida by Niche.com for 2020.
- SCPS is a proud member of the League of Innovative Schools, a national coalition of forward-thinking school districts organized by Digital Promise.
- SCPS has been named the 1st Full Immersion Computer Science Lighthouse District in Florida by Code to the Future.
- SCPS has been recognized by EDWeek Magazine for Gifted Education.
With all the amazing things taking place at SCPS, it’s easy to see why Seminole County is among the nations highest quality public school systems and an economic driver for our region.
For higher education, Seminole County is in proximity to more than 35 colleges, universities, technical schools and private institutions as well as continuing education programs that offer on-going opportunities for workers sharpening their skills.
Additional resources on Seminole County Public Schools:
- Seminole County School Board
- SCPS 2019 Pocket Guide
- SCPS Strategic Plans
- SCPS School Grades
- Career and Technical Education Training
Additional resources on Higher Education: